As December kicks off I’m happy to say, Sinnet of Dragons was received by the editor, and she’s digging in as we speak. She should be finished with her round by mid-January. After the revisions, it will go to a proofer, then a layout designer, then… it will go live. I’m currently targeting May 2017 for release! Wooohoo!!
I made a running crack at Nanowrimo this year and succeeded in making it 44,000 words. That’s six thousand words short. While I know I could have made it if I’d pushed, I’m also currently exhausted from making the editor deadline, which was far more important than the final six thousand words. Total volume comes to about 155 pages of content, so, not shabby and it will provide a lot to work on through the winter.
Speaking of winter, now that I’m not under a word count deadline, and the manuscript is off my desk – I’ll be able to get more posts and articles in. YAY!
This month I was able to use Patreon funds for:
1) The down payment and handoff to the editor, Madeline Hopkins.
2) Purchase the article “Be a Bad Writer” by GD Penman, to be published on December 7th.
3) Renew the website subscription so we can continue publishing online.
4) Complete my Interview with Kelli Richards on All Access Radio. I will send the link to the podcast as soon as they post it.
5) Send out the thank you gifts to beta readers.
Our next steps are:
1) Purchase a new article for January.
2) Open the website for contributor content and author platforms.
3) Begin prep work for Scold of Jays layout chapters.
4) Source a proofer for Sinnet of Dragons polish run by end of January.
I sincerely wish you all the best holidays, and most fabulous of winter adventures. I’ll be posting more regularly now that we’re out of the thick of it, so stay tuned!
Thank you so much for all your continued support!